Way to go Joe. Took you only three months to screw up the Trump economy. Yes my friends, President Trump left Joe a booming economy. So what happens? Inflation sets in, Pipe lines shut down, Steel mills announce that layoffs in the future, etc., etc.
- Hiring was a huge letdown in April, with nonfarm payrolls increasing by a much less than expected 266,000.
- The unemployment rate rose to 6.1%, the Labor Department said.
- Dow Jones estimates had been for 1 million new jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.8%. There was more bad news: March’s originally estimated total of 916,000 was revised down to 770,000.
- The battered leisure and hospitality industry saw the biggest hiring gains, adding 331,000 workers though that still left the industry nearly 2.9 million shy of where it was before the pandemic.However, the lack of available workers is a “crisis,” said Carlos Gazitua, president and CEO of Sergio’s Restaurants in Southern California.“We’ve increased wages. We have about three different staffing agencies that are constantly looking for people,” Gazitua said.
- “Other restaurateurs are walking around neighborhoods passing out flyers. The heroes in our communities are the people currently working for you and me. These people are burnt out.”